Sunday, November 6, 2011

growing in belief

Its not the circumstances that affect our attitude abut life, its our certainty of what is to come. Our belief about the future affects our attitude about today's trials and joys. If I'm in a tough one and can't imagine what the outcome might be, I will groan and cry and curse and squirm. But If I know that I know that God has a definite goal to this season, that His will is being accomplished through my groaning, and I believe firmly in His goodness, then unbelief cannot touch me. I will be satisfied with His provision as painful as it might be as a 'momentary light affliction'.

Here is an illustration: Courage can come from hearing the bugle, the anthem over the hills of help coming. In the battle I may grow so weary that my hand drops my sword and I am literally stopped from any offensive or defensive action. Then I hear the sound of a bugle announcing the arrival of fresh troops that I had given up hope on. Then even before I see them coming, or have their actual physical aid to join me in the fight, I find that I have a surge of energy and hope and passion again. Now I can pick up that dropped sword and start using it. Just the knowledge that this help is coming is enough to change me, as if it were already here.


No comments:

Post a Comment